Chaska Music Studios

























I recently started a new branding project to help freshen up my portfolio. Chaska Music Studios offers private lessons in the study of almost every major instrument as well as voice lessons. Initially, my idea was to appeal to the children that are taking the lessons. Meeting with Leslie, the owner/director, made me redirect my focus to appeal to the parents more than the children because they're the ones paying for their children's lesson.

The main words I wanted to associate with this brand was: rhythm, development, calming, individual, and upscale.

I chose to try a hand lettered wordmark that would be unique to Chaska Music Studios. It is supposed to be reminiscent of classical type of music with the ball terminals and thick to thin ratio of the letterforms.

I can already see the problems before going in and making it vector. The first "a" in Chaska needs work as well as the "u" in music and the "d" in studios.

What do you think? It needs more work, but it's a start.

No comments: